Master’s Thesis Checklist
- Meet with faculty advisor before registering for first semester courses.
- Have past academic institutions send official transcripts to Office of Admissions.
- Meet regularly with faculty advisor to develop research plan for thesis.
- Begin forming graduate advisory committee with assistance from your faculty advisor.
- Submit degree plan online. This includes submission of names of your graduate advisory committee.
- Submit research proposal to OGAPS near the end of the second semester. You will also submit a Proposal Approval Form.
- Begin proposed lab and fieldwork to collect data.
- Confirm that all degree plan courses have been met, and that degree plan and advisory committee are correct in DPSS. Submit changes if necessary.
- Apply for graduation in Howdy portal, pay graduation fee.
- Attend a pre-submittal conference offered through the Thesis Office.
- Submit your thesis to your advisory committee (at least three weeks before you plan to defend).
- Schedule thesis defense with committee approval to OGAPS. Form: Request and Announcement of Final Examination.
- Email Madysen to receive the template for announcing your thesis defense to the department.
- Present and defend thesis.
- Make any necessary corrections to the thesis paper.
- Deliver the thesis approval form to OGAPS and upload your thesis to the Thesis Office website.
- Make any corrections the Thesis Office requires.
- Clear the Thesis Office.
- Arrange for a cap and gown for graduation, then graduate!
For more information: http://ogaps.tamu.edu/New-Current-Students/Getting-a-Degree/Master-s-Degree-Requirements